Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Fresno, TX
Helping You Heal & Move Forward with Your Life
If you were recently involved in a motorcycle accident, or if your loved one tragically passed away due to the carelessness or recklessness of another motorist, Goldenzweig Law Group, PLLC is here to help. We understand just how difficult this time is for you and your family, which is why we want to do everything we can to help you get back on your feet.
When someone else was responsible for the accident that caused your injuries or the death of your loved one, you have the right to take legal action. By filing a personal injury or wrongful death claim, you can seek financial compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other accident-related damages—and our attorneys can help. We have nearly four decades of collective legal experience and know how to effectively negotiate with insurance adjusters to recover a fair settlement on your behalf. If necessary, we are fully prepared to represent you at trial.
There are no legal fees for you unless we win your case; call (713) 609-1930 or contact us online today to request a free initial consultation with our Fresno motorcycle accident lawyers.
What Is the Leading Cause of Motorcycle Accidents?
Generally speaking, negligence is the leading cause of motorcycle accidents. This negligence can take many forms. Sometimes, other motorists are negligent; sometimes, motorcyclists themselves are careless. In still other cases, another third party—such as a construction company or motorcycle manufacturer—behaves wrongfully, indirectly causing a devastating accident.
Some of the leading causes of motorcycle accidents which can be attributed to negligence include:
- Distracted Driving: All types of driving distractions, from using a cellphone to send or read a text message to adjusting a vehicle’s controls or GPS system while driving, can cause serious accidents. When motorists are distracted, they may fail to notice a motorcyclist or fail to stop in time, leading to a devastating rear-end, side-impact, or head-on collision.
- Speeding: Driving at excessive speeds makes it much harder to adjust to changing road conditions, including slowed or stopped traffic. Speeding not only increases the likelihood of an accident, but it also increases the severity of an accident when it does occur. Speeding-related crashes often result in severe injuries and deaths.
- Impaired Driving: Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs dramatically reduces one’s ability to drive safely, affecting everything from reaction times to judgment to alertness. Despite laws prohibiting it, many people still choose to get behind the wheel after consuming alcohol or using prescription, over-the-counter, or illicit drugs.
- Failure to Yield: Passenger vehicles, SUVs, and pickup trucks are much larger and heavier than motorcycles. When the drivers of these vehicles fail to yield the right of way to motorcyclists, they can cause collisions that put riders at much more risk of serious injury or death than the occupants of the other vehicles.
- Aggressive or Reckless Driving: Aggressive and reckless driving includes a wide variety of behaviors, from tailgating to cutting off other drivers to engaging in road rage and excessive speeding. All of these behaviors are extremely dangerous and put motorcyclists at a disproportionate risk of severe or fatal injury.
- Drowsy Driving: Some studies have shown drowsy or fatigued driving to be as dangerous as driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Driving while tired not only reduces a motorist’s alertness but also their reaction time, judgment, and ability to follow the rules of the road properly and safely.
At Goldenzweig Law Group, PLLC, we work with accident reconstruction experts and other specialists to identify how an accident occurred, as well as who is responsible for our client’s injuries and accident-related losses.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Motorcycle accidents tend to be especially devastating, often leading to catastrophic or fatal injuries. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), motorcyclists are four times more likely to be injured and 28 times more likely to die in motor vehicle crashes than the occupants of passenger vehicles.
Some of the most common motorcycle accident injuries include:
- Amputation/loss of limb
- Broken bones/fractures
- Facial injuries
- Friction burns, or road rash
- Internal bleeding
- Organ damage
- Soft tissue injuries
- Spinal cord injuries, including paralysis
- Traumatic brain injuries
Treating these and other injuries can be an expensive, time-consuming, and painful process. Victims may require extensive medical care, as well as ongoing physical therapy and rehabilitation. They may struggle with mental health conditions, such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), depression, or anxiety in the wake of the accident. Many are unable to return to work for weeks or months, and others may never be able to earn a living again due to their injuries.
At Goldenzweig Law Group, PLLC, we firmly believe that you should not have to simply suffer the consequences of someone else’s negligence on your own—and the law agrees. If another person or party was to blame for the accident that caused your injuries, you have the right to file a personal injury claim and seek financial compensation for your economic and non-economic losses.
After a motorcycle accident, you are likely to face numerous physical, emotional, and financial challenges. Our motorcycle accident attorneys in Fresno, Texas can help you overcome these challenges by fighting for fair compensation for your accident-related damages.
Depending on the specific details of your case, you could be entitled to compensation for the following economic and non-economic damages:
- Medical expenses, including emergency treatment, hospitalization, medication costs, medical equipment and devices, surgery, and ongoing/future care
- Lost income, wages, and employment benefits due to time taken off work as a result of your injuries, as well as loss of future earnings
- Lost or diminished earning ability if your injuries result in disabilities or impairments that prevent you from working
- Physical and mental pain and suffering, emotional distress, and anguish resulting from the accident and/or your injuries
- Treatment costs associated with treating mental health conditions, such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety, and depression
- Miscellaneous out-of-pocket expenses related to your injuries, such as costs associated with in-home assistance and care, home modifications, etc.
At Goldenzweig Law Group, PLLC, we fight for every penny our clients are owed. If the insurance company refuses to offer a fair settlement, we are prepared to aggressively advocate for you and your maximum recovery at trial.
Getting back on your feet after a motorcycle accident can be extremely difficult, especially if you do not have an experienced attorney by your side. But when you trust your recovery to the Fresno motorcycle accident attorneys at Goldenzweig Law Group, PLLC, you can rest assured that you have a legal team that will fight tirelessly for you every step of the way.
We are ready to handle every detail of your case so that you can focus on your physical and emotional recovery. Our attorneys will thoroughly investigate your claim to identify what happened and determine who is liable. We will use all available evidence to build a powerful case on your behalf and fight for the maximum compensation you are owed. If necessary, we are even prepared to litigate and try your case in court.
Throughout the process, we will provide you with the personal attention and compassionate, one-on-one legal support you need. We truly care about you and your recovery, and we are here to guide you through the legal process from start to finish.
Contact us online or call our office at (713) 609-1930 for a free consultation. Hablamos español.
Services Offered in English and Spanish
Personal Approach and Strategy for Every Case
Direct Communication with Your Attorney
We Answer Calls Day or Night, 365 Days a Year
Client Satisfaction Is of Utmost Importance
Nearly 4 Decades of Combined Experience
What is negligence?
“Negligence” refers to careless, reckless, or wrongful (including unlawful) behavior. Often, this type of behavior leads to serious accidents, injuries, and even deaths. Some examples of negligence include someone who runs a red light because they were texting while driving, a shop owner who fails to put out a “wet floor” sign after an employee mops up a spill, or a dog owner who allows their dangerous dog to roam free and unleashed in a public park.
How do I know if I have a case?
You likely have a personal injury case if you were injured and suffered measurable damages—such as medical bills or pain and suffering—due to the careless, reckless, negligent, or wrongful conduct of another person or party. In other words, if someone else is to blame for your injuries, you could have grounds for a personal injury claim. The best way to know whether you have a case is to contact an attorney at our firm for a free consultation. During this initial meeting, we can go over the details of your situation and provide personalized counsel tailored to your circumstances.
How much is my personal injury case worth?
The exact value of your personal injury case depends on a variety of factors. Some of these factors include the severity of your injuries, the extent of your damages, whether you had to take time off work to recover, how much time you had to take off work, whether your injuries resulted in a disability, and your degree of fault (if any) in causing the event that led to your injuries. It is not possible for any attorney to estimate the value of your claim without first reviewing the specific details involved. We encourage you to reach out to our Houston personal injury attorneys at Goldenzweig Law Group to request a complimentary case review.
Will I have to go to court?
Not all personal injury cases go to court. In fact, many settle in pre-trial litigation or as a result of your attorney’s negotiations with the insurance company. However, if the liable party refuses to play fair, you want an attorney who is not only willing but also has the experience needed to aggressively represent you at trial. At Goldenzweig Law Group, PLLC, we will prepare you for what to expect with your case, including whether or not you may need to go to court.
How long do I have to file a lawsuit?
In most cases, there is a two-year statute of limitations on personal injury lawsuits in Texas (surrounding states may have different laws). This means that you typically have just two years from the date of injury to bring your claim in court. Sometimes, when an injury is not discovered right away, the statute of limitations will be deferred to two years from the date on which the injury was discovered or reasonably could have been discovered.
There are some exceptions to this two-year deadline, but they are rare. We encourage you to act quickly after an accident or injury to avoid losing your right to seek compensation for your damages. If the statute of limitations expires, the court will almost certainly dismiss your case. Even if you think it might be too late, reach out to Goldenzweig Law Group, PLLC to discuss your legal options.