Personal Injury Attorneys in Meadows Place
Were you injured due to someone else’s negligence? You could be entitled to recover compensation for the losses you’ve incurred.
The Meadows Place personal injury lawyers at Goldenzweig Law Group, PLLC have represented clients in a vast array of cases. If someone else caused your injuries, you should not have to cover costs stemming from the accident. Our team of attorneys has the experience and resources needed to thoroughly investigate the accident and help you hold the at-fault party accountable for their actions.
Contact our firm today for a free, no-risk consultation.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
At Goldenzweig Law Group, PLLC, our attorneys handle many different types of personal injury cases, including:
- Car accidents: Car accidents usually result from negligent behaviors, including distracted driving, drunk driving, speeding, reckless driving, fatigue, tailgating, and more. If you were injured in a car accident due to another driver’s negligence, you could be entitled to recover compensation from the at-fault driver.
- Motorcycle accidents: Motorcycle accidents can be particularly severe. Unlike other motorists, who have safety features such as seat belts and airbags to protect them from the force of a collision, motorcyclists are typically directly impacted. Our team helps motorcycle accident victims hold negligent drivers accountable for their misconduct.
- Truck accidents: Truck accidents can be extremely complex. While liability is often straightforward in an accident between two passenger vehicles, a truck accident may have multiple liable parties, including the truck driver, the trucking company, a maintenance company, cargo loaders, defective parts manufacturers, and others. Our attorneys have the resources to conduct a professional, independent investigation into the accident and identify all potential sources of compensation.
- Bicycle accidents: Like motorcyclists, cyclists have very little to protect them in the event of a collision. While wearing a helmet is always recommended and can save lives, bicyclists can still suffer severe injuries when thrown from their bikes in a collision. Our team helps bicyclists seek the compensation they need to recover financially.
- Pedestrian accidents: Pedestrians are perhaps the most vulnerable to being severely injured or killed in traffic accidents. Negligent motorists often fail to yield the right-of-way to pedestrians or even notice them at all. Pedestrians who careless drivers have injured deserve the chance to pursue compensation from the at-fault party.
- Bus accidents: Bus drivers and their employers are responsible for the safety of the individuals they transport. Unfortunately, bus drivers and bus companies are sometimes negligent in their duty of care to prevent passengers from being harmed. Our attorneys help victims of bus accidents pursue the justice and compensation they deserve.
- Boating accidents: Texas has a considerable number of inland lakes and is home to a thriving boating culture. Injuries involving jet skis, pleasure boats, fishing boats, and commercial vessels can occur. We help boat injury victims pursue the compensation they need.
- Dangerous premises: Property owners are required to keep their homes and businesses safe for lawful visitors. However, accidents can happen if a property owner fails to eliminate or warn visitors about unreasonable hazards. Our firm helps clients hold negligent property owners responsible for their carelessness.
- Slip and fall accidents: Slip and fall accidents can happen virtually anywhere. Whether the accident occurred at a place of business, at a residence, on city property, or in the workplace, our attorneys help victims of slip and fall accidents pursue compensation from the appropriate party.
- Dog bites: Dog bites are another type of premises liability accident. Our firm helps victims of dog bites seek compensation from careless dog owners.
- Nursing home abuse and neglect: No one wants to imagine that an elderly family member could fall victim to nursing home abuse or neglect, but it is unfortunately far from uncommon. Nursing home abuse and neglect take various forms, including abandonment, verbal abuse, failure to maintain hygiene, disregarding a resident’s complaints, malnutrition, sexual abuse, harassment, and more. Our attorneys work with victims and their families to pursue civil actions against nursing homes where abuse and neglect occur.
- Dangerous products: Products with design, manufacturing, or marketing defects can injure people who use them. Our attorneys help individuals injured by dangerous products fight back against negligent manufacturers.
- Wrongful death: Losing a loved one is devastating and traumatic, and this is especially true when a loved one dies due to someone else’s negligence. Our attorneys work with the families of wrongful death victims to pursue compensation for medical expenses, funeral and burial costs, pain and suffering, and other losses.
Standing Strong for Accident Victims
The attorneys at Goldenzweig Law Group, PLLC proudly advocate for clients. If you hire us to handle your claim, rest assured that we will work tirelessly to help you seek the compensation you are entitled to.
Our attorneys can help with your claim in several ways. If you decide to work with us, we can:
- Investigate the accident that caused your injuries
- Gather evidence to support your case
- Document and quantify the damages you incurred
- Determine liability
- Negotiate for a settlement with the insurance company
- Take your case to court if a fair settlement cannot be reached
Demanding Full Value for Your Personal Injury Case
Are your injuries the result of someone else’s negligence or misconduct? If so, you could qualify to claim compensation from the at-fault party.
Depending on the circumstances of your case, you might be able to recover compensation for things like:
- Medical expenses
- Lost income
- Lost future earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
- Exemplary damages, if applicable
Time is Limited to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit
In Texas, you generally have two years from the date you sustained your injuries to file a personal injury lawsuit against the at-fault party. If you fail to take legal action within this window of time, the court will likely dismiss your case, and you will give up your right to compensation.
Follow these tips to help protect your rights following an accident:
- Seek prompt medical attention: Your health is your top concern after an accident. Also, many insurance companies require injury victims to be promptly evaluated by a medical professional. If you don’t, the insurance company may try to claim that your injuries resulted from a separate accident.
- Collect evidence: Take photos of the scene, your injuries, and any property damage. Talk to witnesses at the location and request their contact information.
- Keep a journal: Document your recovery in a journal. Make daily entries to describe your level of physical pain and your psychological state. Note any activities you cannot participate in due to impairments from your injuries.
- Gather documents: Keep a file containing all your medical records, hospital bills, income statements, and other expenses.
- Avoid discussing the accident: Refrain from posting updates about the accident or photos of yourself on social media while your case is pending. Insurance companies could use information you publish against you.
- Consult with an attorney as soon as possible: Your attorney can defend your rights throughout the claims process and any potential litigation that follows.
If you sustained injuries due to someone else’s negligence, contact the personal injury lawyers at Goldenzweig Law Group, PLLC to discuss your legal options.
Reach out today for a free, no-risk consultation.
Services Offered in English and Spanish
Personal Approach and Strategy for Every Case
Direct Communication with Your Attorney
We Answer Calls Day or Night, 365 Days a Year
Client Satisfaction Is of Utmost Importance
Nearly 4 Decades of Combined Experience
What is negligence?
“Negligence” refers to careless, reckless, or wrongful (including unlawful) behavior. Often, this type of behavior leads to serious accidents, injuries, and even deaths. Some examples of negligence include someone who runs a red light because they were texting while driving, a shop owner who fails to put out a “wet floor” sign after an employee mops up a spill, or a dog owner who allows their dangerous dog to roam free and unleashed in a public park.
How do I know if I have a case?
You likely have a personal injury case if you were injured and suffered measurable damages—such as medical bills or pain and suffering—due to the careless, reckless, negligent, or wrongful conduct of another person or party. In other words, if someone else is to blame for your injuries, you could have grounds for a personal injury claim. The best way to know whether you have a case is to contact an attorney at our firm for a free consultation. During this initial meeting, we can go over the details of your situation and provide personalized counsel tailored to your circumstances.
How much is my personal injury case worth?
The exact value of your personal injury case depends on a variety of factors. Some of these factors include the severity of your injuries, the extent of your damages, whether you had to take time off work to recover, how much time you had to take off work, whether your injuries resulted in a disability, and your degree of fault (if any) in causing the event that led to your injuries. It is not possible for any attorney to estimate the value of your claim without first reviewing the specific details involved. We encourage you to reach out to our Houston personal injury attorneys at Goldenzweig Law Group to request a complimentary case review.
Will I have to go to court?
Not all personal injury cases go to court. In fact, many settle in pre-trial litigation or as a result of your attorney’s negotiations with the insurance company. However, if the liable party refuses to play fair, you want an attorney who is not only willing but also has the experience needed to aggressively represent you at trial. At Goldenzweig Law Group, PLLC, we will prepare you for what to expect with your case, including whether or not you may need to go to court.
How long do I have to file a lawsuit?
In most cases, there is a two-year statute of limitations on personal injury lawsuits in Texas (surrounding states may have different laws). This means that you typically have just two years from the date of injury to bring your claim in court. Sometimes, when an injury is not discovered right away, the statute of limitations will be deferred to two years from the date on which the injury was discovered or reasonably could have been discovered.
There are some exceptions to this two-year deadline, but they are rare. We encourage you to act quickly after an accident or injury to avoid losing your right to seek compensation for your damages. If the statute of limitations expires, the court will almost certainly dismiss your case. Even if you think it might be too late, reach out to Goldenzweig Law Group, PLLC to discuss your legal options.