Southwest Houston Car Accident Lawyer
Anyone who’s driven in Southwest Houston knows that car accidents frequently happen on the roads and highways. The Texas Department of Transportation reports almost 1,400 suspected severe injuries and 274 deaths from car crashes inside Houston city limits in one recent year. In Harris County overall, more than 2,300 suspected severe injuries and 501 deaths occurred in car crashes that year.
While getting the medical care you need is your priority after a car accident, it’s also important to think about your future. Medical treatment for car crash injuries can be expensive, and you may have to miss a lot of work as you heal and attend follow-up appointments with your doctors.
The Southwest Houston car accident attorneys at Goldenzweig Law Group, PLLC, know how a crash can take a profound toll on your physical, emotional, and financial well-being. We want to help you move forward. Contact us today for a free consultation to learn more about our services and how our personal injury law firm can help you,
How Goldenzweig Law Group, PLLC, Can Help You
The Southwest Houston car accident lawyers at Goldenzweig Law Group, PLLC, have more than 30 years of combined legal experience. Our extensive experience, along with our in-depth knowledge and dedication to our clients, has helped us recover significant compensation for auto accident victims in Southwest Houston and throughout Texas.
Here’s what you can expect if you choose our personal injury lawyers to represent you in your car accident case:
- Your initial consultation will be free, and we’ll go over your case in detail as we outline your potential legal options.
- We’ll also discuss the medical treatment you’ve received so far, whether you may need additional treatment, and what you can expect as your course of treatment proceeds. We can also help you find a doctor or specialist if you need one.
- We’ll review any evidence you already have (medical records, photos from the crash scene, etc.) to see who might be liable for your injuries. If you hire our firm, we can gather additional evidence to substantiate your personal injury case, such as police accident reports, eyewitness accounts, statements from expert witnesses, and more.
- Before you give any statements or other information to any insurance companies, we’ll advise you on how to protect your rights and how to maximize your potential compensation through an insurance claim.
- If your vehicle needs to be repaired or replaced, we can help you find a repair shop or assist you with filing a claim with the insurance company.
- We’ll negotiate with the insurance companies to seek as much financial compensation as possible for your injuries. If your case goes to trial, we’ll be fully prepared to fight for your rights in court.
- We’ll be there to answer any questions you have throughout your case.
Types of Car Wreck Claims We Handle in Southwest Houston
Some of the common car accident claims we handle include:
- Impaired driving accidents
- Distracted driving accidents
- Fatigued driving accidents
- Speeding accidents
- Reckless or aggressive driving accidents
- Failure-to-yield accidents
- Mechanical defect accidents
- Road rage accidents
- Construction and work zone accidents
- Weather-related accidents
- Sideswipe accidents
- T-bone accidents
- Head-on accidents
- Rear-end accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
Even if you don’t see the type of accident you were involved in on this list, we may still be able to help you. Talk to a personal injury attorney at our firm to learn more about your options.
Common Types of Injuries from Traffic Accidents
The types of injuries sustained in a car accident depend on a range of factors, from the speed and angle of the crash to the size and weight of the vehicles involved, and more. A few examples of the common injuries we see at Goldenzweig Law Group, PLLC, include:
- Bone fractures
- Damage to soft tissues, such as skin, muscles, ligaments, and tendons
- Joint injuries
- Internal bleeding
- Damage to internal organs
- Neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Spinal cord damage
- External injuries to the head or face
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Emotional distress, such as depression, anxiety, and PTSD
- Wrongful death
Potential Compensation for Victims of Car Crashes in Southwest Houston
Auto accidents and mounting medical bills can inflict severe injuries and put a massive dent in your finances, but there are ways you could recover compensation for your losses. By filing an insurance claim or personal injury claim against the responsible party, you could potentially recover compensation for:
- Lost income
- Medical expenses
- Reduced future earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Diminished quality of life
- Personal property damage
What to Do After a Car Accident in Southwest Houston
Your priority after a car accident is to get checked by medical personnel, so it’s crucial to call 911 right away. Once you’ve done that, you should do what you can to protect your rights and boost your chances of recovering maximum compensation for your injuries.
Here are simple but essential steps you can take:
- Use your phone to take pictures of the accident scene if you can. Take as many photos as you can, and be sure to get pictures of the damage to your car, your injuries, and the broader area around the immediate crash site.
- Get the other driver’s name and insurance information. You’ll need this to file a claim against the other driver’s insurance company. If you see any potential eyewitnesses, try to get their names and contact information.
- Make sure the police arrive and file an accident report.
- If you aren’t taken to a hospital, see your own doctor as soon as possible. You want to be sure you don’t have any serious internal injuries.
- Hold on to all your medical records and any evidence of your financial losses from the accident.
- Don’t say anything to any insurance companies until you’ve talked to a lawyer.
- Hire a knowledgeable Southwest Houston car accident lawyer to guide you through the legal process.
In Texas, you have only two years from the date of your accident to file a personal injury lawsuit against any potentially liable parties. If you miss this deadline, your case will be dismissed, regardless of its merit, so it’s important to get started as soon as possible following the accident. Doing so will also enable your legal team to gather crucial evidence before it’s lost or destroyed.
The aftermath of a serious car accident is a tough time for anyone. However, a lawyer can take the burden of navigating a legal claim off your shoulders and leverage their skills and experience to build a strong claim on your behalf.
Services Offered in English and Spanish
Personal Approach and Strategy for Every Case
Direct Communication with Your Attorney
We Answer Calls Day or Night, 365 Days a Year
Client Satisfaction Is of Utmost Importance
Nearly 4 Decades of Combined Experience
What is negligence?
“Negligence” refers to careless, reckless, or wrongful (including unlawful) behavior. Often, this type of behavior leads to serious accidents, injuries, and even deaths. Some examples of negligence include someone who runs a red light because they were texting while driving, a shop owner who fails to put out a “wet floor” sign after an employee mops up a spill, or a dog owner who allows their dangerous dog to roam free and unleashed in a public park.
How do I know if I have a case?
You likely have a personal injury case if you were injured and suffered measurable damages—such as medical bills or pain and suffering—due to the careless, reckless, negligent, or wrongful conduct of another person or party. In other words, if someone else is to blame for your injuries, you could have grounds for a personal injury claim. The best way to know whether you have a case is to contact an attorney at our firm for a free consultation. During this initial meeting, we can go over the details of your situation and provide personalized counsel tailored to your circumstances.
How much is my personal injury case worth?
The exact value of your personal injury case depends on a variety of factors. Some of these factors include the severity of your injuries, the extent of your damages, whether you had to take time off work to recover, how much time you had to take off work, whether your injuries resulted in a disability, and your degree of fault (if any) in causing the event that led to your injuries. It is not possible for any attorney to estimate the value of your claim without first reviewing the specific details involved. We encourage you to reach out to our Houston personal injury attorneys at Goldenzweig Law Group to request a complimentary case review.
Will I have to go to court?
Not all personal injury cases go to court. In fact, many settle in pre-trial litigation or as a result of your attorney’s negotiations with the insurance company. However, if the liable party refuses to play fair, you want an attorney who is not only willing but also has the experience needed to aggressively represent you at trial. At Goldenzweig Law Group, PLLC, we will prepare you for what to expect with your case, including whether or not you may need to go to court.
How long do I have to file a lawsuit?
In most cases, there is a two-year statute of limitations on personal injury lawsuits in Texas (surrounding states may have different laws). This means that you typically have just two years from the date of injury to bring your claim in court. Sometimes, when an injury is not discovered right away, the statute of limitations will be deferred to two years from the date on which the injury was discovered or reasonably could have been discovered.
There are some exceptions to this two-year deadline, but they are rare. We encourage you to act quickly after an accident or injury to avoid losing your right to seek compensation for your damages. If the statute of limitations expires, the court will almost certainly dismiss your case. Even if you think it might be too late, reach out to Goldenzweig Law Group, PLLC to discuss your legal options.