What Type of Compensation Can I Get in Case of an Accident?

What Type of Compensation Can I Get in Case of an Accident?


Know about the different types of compensation in the event of an accident.

If you or a family member have been involved in an accident and suffered injuries due to negligence from third parties, you may be able to receive compensation by filing a personal injury lawsuit. It is imperative to consult and have an attorney help you before starting to pursue compensation. Since each lawsuit is different, the steps and outcomes vary by case. As a result, having a personal injury lawyer will help you accurately evaluate your case, in order to successfully carry out your case.

It is incredibly important that you know and have at least a basic understanding of the classes and categories of compensation available for someone with a personal injury claim. Below you will find a list of the potential compensations you may pursue:

  • Compensation: This type of compensation aims to compensate the victim of an accident by attempting to place them in the situation they would be in had the accident not taken place.
  • Compensation for monetary losses: This category includes any financial losses directly correlated to the accident. Losses included are: medical expenses, cost of living with a disability (if any), lost wages for missing work, damages and replacement of property, and even funeral expenses. This is the category of compensation the majority of victims receive.
  • Compensation for non-monetary losses: This type of compensation includes help for those in pain and any emotional distress the victim may be going through. This includes stress, fear, loss of association, and everything needed for an emotional recovery.
  • Criminal compensation: Criminal compensation sanctions the accused for causing harm to the victim and serves as a precedent to prevent others from acting in a similar manner.

If you were injured due to the negligence of a third party, you may be entitled to receive one of the previously listed compensations through a lawsuit. The Goldenzweig Law Group, PLLC team is here to help you. Contact lawyers Erick Pines and Stephen Goldenzweig by calling 713-489-4410 or 713-766-0000 for Spanish assistance. We at Goldenzweig Law Group, PLLC have over 20 years of experience helping victims like you have their voices heard and their rights protected. You can access the website www.ayudaenaccidentes.com for additional information.



You Don't Pay If We Don't Win
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy