Commercial Vehicle Accident Attorney in Houston
Operating a commercial vehicle requires more skill and care than driving a passenger car. An act of negligence or recklessness by a commercial vehicle driver or by the companies that operate commercial vehicles can result in a catastrophic accident and life-altering injuries.
If you’ve been injured in a commercial vehicle accident in Houston, you should talk to the personal injury attorneys of Pines & Goldenzweig, PLLC, to learn about your legal rights. Our Houston commercial vehicle accident lawyers will work to take the stress off your shoulders by managing all the details of your claim for compensation. Our firm will also work to ensure you receive the medical treatment you need for your injuries, as well as getting your vehicle repaired if necessary. We treat you and all our clients like members of our family.
A free case evaluation is only a phone call away. Contact a Houston commercial vehicle accident attorney now to discuss the next steps in pursuing financial compensation from those responsible for your injuries.
What Is a Commercial Vehicle?
A commercial vehicle generally includes any vehicle that is operated for business purposes, rather than for the driver’s personal purposes. Commercial vehicles can carry goods or passengers, or they may carry tools and equipment to facilitate labor.
Many commercial vehicles are regulated by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. Commercial vehicles that fall under the FMCSA’s jurisdiction must meet certain weight limits, passenger capacity limits, and/or hazardous materials regulations. Most commercial vehicles require the driver to possess a commercial driver’s license, a special class of license obtained after specific testing.
Types of Commercial Vehicle Accident Claims We Handle
Our commercial vehicle accident lawyers in Houston have the skills and the resources to handle a broad range of claims, including cases involving:
- Semi-trucks and 18-wheelers
- Work trucks and vans
- Delivery trucks and vans
- Garbage trucks
- Shuttle buses or vans
What Makes Commercial Vehicle Accident Cases More Complex?
Commercial vehicle accident cases often prove more complex than other motor vehicle accident claims for several reasons, including:
- More serious injuries. Due to their larger size, commercial vehicles often cause more serious injuries in accidents. The accident victim may require future medical treatment and care even after the case is resolved. The compensation the victim ultimately obtains must also cover anticipated future expenses and losses.
- More liable parties. Most motor vehicle accident claims only involve the drivers. However, there may be multiple liable parties in a commercial vehicle accident claim. This may include the driver’s employer or the vehicle’s manufacturer. In an investigation of a commercial vehicle accident, every party involved in getting the vehicle on the road will need to be looked at to determine whether they played any role in causing the crash.
- More evidence. The operation of commercial vehicles is heavily regulated by state and federal law, generating a considerable amount of documentation and information that must all be examined following an accident. This examination will help to determine if any failures to comply with laws and regulations may have caused or contributed to the accident.
- Complex business and insurance structures. Many operators of commercial vehicles have complicated corporate structures and layered insurance policies. A skilled attorney will be able to determine what kind of financial resources are available to compensate accident victims for their losses.
Demanding Full Compensation for Your Losses
A commercial vehicle accident can leave you with significant personal injuries and losses. When the accident was caused by someone else’s negligence or recklessness, you deserve full compensation for your losses. This includes payment for:
- Emergency treatment
- Surgeries and other medical procedures
- Follow-up doctor visits
- Physical and occupational rehabilitation
- Pain medication
- Medical or mobility equipment such as braces or wheelchairs
- Long-term personal care
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity
- Lost quality or enjoyment of life
- Pain and suffering
Liability After a Commercial Vehicle Accident
There are many parties that may be held responsible for a commercial vehicle accident, such as:
- The vehicle’s driver
- The driver’s employer
- The owner of the vehicle
- The vehicle’s mechanic, if the owner hires a third party to perform maintenance
- The vehicle’s manufacturer or the manufacturer of a vehicle part, if a defect causes an accident
- The company that loaded the cargo, if an unsafe load resulted in a crash
How a Commercial Vehicle Accident Attorney in Houston Can Help You
If you’ve been injured in a commercial vehicle accident in Houston, let the attorneys of Pines & Goldenzweig, PLLC, help you by:
- Conducting a thorough investigation of the wreck to recover all available evidence, including police accident reports, driver logs, maintenance records, accident scene photos, surveillance camera footage, and witness statements
- Working with accident reconstruction experts to develop a persuasive narrative showing how the accident occurred and explaining why the at-fault parties should be held liable
- Filing claims on your behalf with the at-fault parties and their insurers, and aggressively pursuing a settlement that provides you with fair and full compensation
- Advocating on your behalf at trial, if that’s what is in your best interests
We understand the personal and financial difficulties that come with being involved in an accident. When you choose our firm to help with your case, you will never need to pay upfront fees for our services. You owe us nothing unless and until we win compensation in your case.
Contact Pines & Goldenzweig, PLLC, today for a free consultation with a Houston commercial vehicle accident attorney.
Services Offered in English and Spanish
Personal Approach and Strategy for Every Case
Direct Communication with Your Attorney
We Answer Calls Day or Night, 365 Days a Year
Client Satisfaction Is of Utmost Importance
Nearly 4 Decades of Combined Experience