Bus Accident Attorney in Houston
Due to their size and mechanical complexity, buses require skill and care for safe operation. When bus drivers and bus companies commit acts of negligence or recklessness, they put everyone else on the road, and their passengers, at risk. If you’ve been hurt in a bus accident, the Houston personal injury lawyers of Pines & Goldenzweig, PLLC, can help.
Our Houston bus accident attorneys go above and beyond in providing exceptional service and aggressive advocacy. We take the time to fully understand your needs so that we can help you deal with the impact that the bus accident has had on your life. We’ll work to ensure you get the medical treatment you need and that your losses are thoroughly documented. This attention to detail enables us to pursue the maximum compensation you deserve.
Contact us today for a free case evaluation with a Houston bus accident lawyer. With our firm, you never need to pay upfront fees for our services. We only get paid if and when we win compensation on your behalf.
Why Houston Bus Accidents Are More Complicated
Bus accident injury claims are much more complex than a typical car accident injury claim for several reasons, including:
- More serious injuries. The size of buses, combined with the speeds they can reach, especially on the highway, means that a bus accident can impart violent forces on other smaller vehicles and their occupants. This can result in catastrophic and life-altering injuries. When the victims of bus accidents suffer serious injuries, their legal claims are complicated further. An accident victim may require long-term treatment even after their legal claim is filed. Our attorneys will work to anticipated future expenses and losses from the accident so we can demand fair compensation.
- More people involved. The results of a bus accident can include injuries to the occupants of the other vehicles involved in the collision, and also to the innocent passengers on the bus. When a bus accident results in serious injury to numerous people, the insurance coverages and financial resources of the party or parties at fault for the crash can be quickly depleted. This means that injured accident victims can face difficulty in obtaining full compensation for their losses and may need to turn to their own insurance coverages (if available).
- Multiple vehicles involved. With three or more vehicles are involved in a bus crash, it becomes more difficult to understand exactly what happened in the accident. In cases like these, we routinely hire accident reconstruction experts to determine which party or parties may have been liable for the crash and your injuries.
- More potentially liable parties. The operation of commercial buses involves many more parties than just the bus driver. The bus driver is, of course, employed by the company that operates the bus service, such as a public transit agency or a charter company. While the buses may be operated by a charter company, they may also be owned by another company responsible for the bus’s maintenance. Finally, the bus’s manufacturer, or the manufacturer of a part used in the bus’s construction, can be held accountable for a design or manufacturing defect that causes an accident.
- Complexities with corporate structures and insurance. Many bus companies have complicated corporate structures that can make it difficult to determine which legal entity can be pursued for recovery for your injuries. In addition, many larger companies also have complex insurance policies, including layered coverage with additional amounts of coverage triggered under certain circumstances. Our attorneys have the experience to decipher the layers of insurance coverage and demand the fair payment you deserve.
Pursuing Maximum Compensation for Your Bus Accident Injuries
Being hurt in a bus accident can leave you with significant financial and personal losses. After a crash, you may be entitled to pursue compensation from those at fault. You may seek payment for:
- Costs of medical treatment and rehabilitation of injuries and resulting disabilities
- Long-term personal care costs
- Lost income and lost earning capacity due to injuries or disabilities preventing you from returning to work
- Loss of enjoyment or quality of life
- Pain and suffering
Types of Bus Accident Cases We Handle
Our experienced bus accident lawyers have the skills and the resources to help people who have been harmed in any kind of bus accident in the Greater Houston area, including:
If you have a claim for compensation following a bus accident, Texas’s statute of limitations requires you to file suit within two years of the date of the crash, with few exceptions. In addition, if your bus accident was caused by a government or public agency, such as a public transit authority, Texas’s Tort Claims Act requires that you give the government or public agency notice of your claim within six months of the accident. This notice must describe the injury and damages claimed, the time and place of the incident, and the basic details of the incident.
Failure to file notice of your claim or your lawsuit on time can lead to the dismissal of your case and the loss of your rights to pursue compensation. That’s why it is important to speak with a knowledgeable Houston bus accident attorney as soon as possible.
If you’ve suffered injuries in a bus accident in Houston, contact Pines & Goldenzweig, PLLC, today for a free consultation. A Houston bus accident lawyer from our firm can review your case and explain the next steps in your recovery.
Services Offered in English and Spanish
Personal Approach and Strategy for Every Case
Direct Communication with Your Attorney
We Answer Calls Day or Night, 365 Days a Year
Client Satisfaction Is of Utmost Importance
Nearly 4 Decades of Combined Experience