Deer Park Truck Accident Attorneys
Have you been involved in a truck accident? If so, you may be suffering from severe injuries, missing time and pay from work, and agonizing over a growing pile of medical bills. You need a knowledgeable truck accident lawyer who can help you demand compensation for your losses and get back on your feet.
At Goldenzweig Law Group, PLLC, our Deer Park truck accident attorneys have the experience and resources needed to help you recover. Contact us today to learn more about your options in a free initial consultation.
What Makes Truck Accidents So Complicated?
Big rig crashes and other truck collision cases tend to be much more complicated than car accident cases because:
- Trucks operate differently from cars. Many people are unfamiliar with how commercial trucks are operated and maintained. That can make it difficult to understand why some truck wrecks occur and who is at fault.
- The trucking industry is subject to unique laws. Commercial trucking is a heavily regulated industry. Understanding trucking laws and regulations is essential for recognizing violations when they occur.
- Truck accident claims are often more expensive. Truck accidents tend to result in extensive losses and severe injuries. That means truck accident claims are often quite expensive, which makes insurers eager to find ways to reduce their payout.
- Multiple parties usually share liability. Many different parties are typically involved in the operations of a commercial truck, which means there are often multiple parties who could share the blame for a truck crash.
- Different types of evidence are available. Big rig crash cases often involve many unique types of evidence, such as truck “black box” data, truck maintenance records, hours of service logs, and cargo loading manifests.
Why You Need a Lawyer After a Truck Accident
If you were involved in a truck accident, you need an attorney with extensive experience on your side.
A personal injury lawyer can:
- Conduct an independent investigation. Experienced truck accident lawyers know how to identify, access, and preserve the evidence your case needs.
- Communicate with others on your behalf. Your attorney can communicate with the insurance companies and their lawyers so you can avoid the stress and focus on healing.
- Develop a customized legal strategy. Truck accident lawyers can use their knowledge of trucking laws to craft a personalized and effective legal strategy for your case.
- Demand justice and fair compensation for your losses. A truck accident lawyer can calculate the full extent of your losses and fight aggressively during negotiations to demand what you are owed.
Common Injuries Caused by Truck Wrecks
Here are some common injuries from truck accidents:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Facial injuries and dental trauma
- Permanent scarring and disfigurement
- Back, neck, and shoulder injuries
- Herniated discs
- Spinal cord injuries
- Partial or total paralysis
- Dislocated and fractured bones
- Bruises, lacerations, and puncture wounds
- Thermal, friction, and chemical burns
- Internal injuries and bleeding
- Rib and torso injuries
- Arm, elbow, wrist, and hand injuries
- Leg, knee, ankle, and foot injuries
- Amputation and loss of limbs
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Other emotional injuries
- Wrongful death
Types of Compensation a Truck Accident Victim Could Receive
If you file a truck accident claim, you could recover compensation for the following types of accident-related losses:
- Present and future medical bills
- Lost wages from missed time at work
- Projected losses in lifetime earning potential
- Pain, suffering, and lost quality of life
- Costs of travel to and from medical appointments
- Other incidental, out-of-pocket costs
- Repair or replacement costs for property damage
Under § 16.003 of the Texas legal code, you have just two years to file most types of personal injury lawsuits, including truck accident lawsuits. This two-year period typically begins on the date you sustained your injuries, which means the moment a truck accident occurs, your time to recover starts.
If you try to file your truck accident lawsuit after the two-year time limit has passed, the other party can ask the court to dismiss your case, and a judge will most likely agree. This would prevent you from ever recovering fair compensation for your losses. That is why it’s so important to contact a trusted truck accident lawyer as soon as you can.
The Deer Park truck accident lawyers of Goldenzweig Law Group, PLLC, have decades of experience demanding fair compensation for victims just like you.
Contact us to tell your story in a free initial case review.
Services Offered in English and Spanish
Personal Approach and Strategy for Every Case
Direct Communication with Your Attorney
We Answer Calls Day or Night, 365 Days a Year
Client Satisfaction Is of Utmost Importance
Nearly 4 Decades of Combined Experience
What is negligence?
“Negligence” refers to careless, reckless, or wrongful (including unlawful) behavior. Often, this type of behavior leads to serious accidents, injuries, and even deaths. Some examples of negligence include someone who runs a red light because they were texting while driving, a shop owner who fails to put out a “wet floor” sign after an employee mops up a spill, or a dog owner who allows their dangerous dog to roam free and unleashed in a public park.
How do I know if I have a case?
You likely have a personal injury case if you were injured and suffered measurable damages—such as medical bills or pain and suffering—due to the careless, reckless, negligent, or wrongful conduct of another person or party. In other words, if someone else is to blame for your injuries, you could have grounds for a personal injury claim. The best way to know whether you have a case is to contact an attorney at our firm for a free consultation. During this initial meeting, we can go over the details of your situation and provide personalized counsel tailored to your circumstances.
How much is my personal injury case worth?
The exact value of your personal injury case depends on a variety of factors. Some of these factors include the severity of your injuries, the extent of your damages, whether you had to take time off work to recover, how much time you had to take off work, whether your injuries resulted in a disability, and your degree of fault (if any) in causing the event that led to your injuries. It is not possible for any attorney to estimate the value of your claim without first reviewing the specific details involved. We encourage you to reach out to our Houston personal injury attorneys at Goldenzweig Law Group to request a complimentary case review.
Will I have to go to court?
Not all personal injury cases go to court. In fact, many settle in pre-trial litigation or as a result of your attorney’s negotiations with the insurance company. However, if the liable party refuses to play fair, you want an attorney who is not only willing but also has the experience needed to aggressively represent you at trial. At Goldenzweig Law Group, PLLC, we will prepare you for what to expect with your case, including whether or not you may need to go to court.
How long do I have to file a lawsuit?
In most cases, there is a two-year statute of limitations on personal injury lawsuits in Texas (surrounding states may have different laws). This means that you typically have just two years from the date of injury to bring your claim in court. Sometimes, when an injury is not discovered right away, the statute of limitations will be deferred to two years from the date on which the injury was discovered or reasonably could have been discovered.
There are some exceptions to this two-year deadline, but they are rare. We encourage you to act quickly after an accident or injury to avoid losing your right to seek compensation for your damages. If the statute of limitations expires, the court will almost certainly dismiss your case. Even if you think it might be too late, reach out to Goldenzweig Law Group, PLLC to discuss your legal options.