Personal Injury Lawyer in Southwest Houston
If you have been severely injured in an accident in Southwest Houston, you likely have many questions and concerns. Expensive medical bills are probably piling up, and you might be forced to miss several weeks of work or more. You could also be in a great deal of pain and feeling increased anxiety because of the traumatic experience you went through.
The Southwest Houston personal injury lawyers at Pines & Goldenzweig, PLLC, are ready to help if you’ve been injured in an accident due to someone else’s negligence. In our experience, “accidents” are rarely accidental. Negligent parties should be held accountable if their actions caused your injuries.
Our experienced team handles a wide range of personal injury cases, from car and truck accidents to dog bites and slip-and-falls. We can investigate the accident, tell you who might be liable for your injuries, and help you seek fair compensation.
Contact our office today for a free initial consultation.
About Our Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys in Southwest Houston
At Pines & Goldenzweig, PLLC, our firm is committed to upholding the rights of accident victims in Southwest Houston and throughout Texas. If you’ve been injured due to someone else’s negligence, you have the right to seek compensation for the losses you’ve suffered. That includes your direct economic costs, like your medical bills, and non-economic costs, including pain and suffering and more.
Our firm’s lead attorneys, Eric Pines and Stephen Goldenzweig have more than 30 years of combined legal experience. Client service is one of our top priorities, and we aren’t afraid to be aggressive when it comes to helping our clients recover fair compensation for their injuries.
Our extensive experience and broad knowledge base give us the resources to handle all kinds of personal injury claims, no matter how challenging. Here are some of the ways we can help with your injury case:
- Investigating the accident and gathering evidence to determine who may be liable for your injuries
- Using your medical records and other documents to substantiate the full extent of your losses as a result of the accident
- Handling all communication and settlement negotiations with the liable parties and their insurance companies
- Aggressively representing you in court if a reasonable insurance settlement cannot be reached
Types of Personal Injury Claims We Handle
When you’re looking to hire a personal injury attorney, you want a lawyer with experience and a track record of successful verdicts and settlements. Our team handles many different kinds of personal injury cases, including:
- Car Accidents
- Large Truck Accidents
- Commercial Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Premises Liability Cases
- Slip-and-Fall Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Work-Related Injuries
- Construction Accidents
- Spine Injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Wrongful Deaths
What Is the Process of Filing a Personal Injury Claim in Texas?
If you’re interested in filing a personal injury claim in Texas, here’s a timeline of the basic steps involved.
- Immediately after the accident:
- Call 911 to report the accident and bring medical personnel to the scene.
- Document the accident scene by taking pictures and getting the names of any eyewitnesses.
- See a doctor as soon as possible. If you aren’t automatically transported to a hospital, see your doctor right away.
- Once you’ve seen a doctor:
- Save all your medical records, medical bills, and any documents that show other financial losses you’ve suffered (pay stubs, etc.).
- Don’t make any public statements about the accident, including posting about it to social media. The other party’s insurance company might use what you say or post to deny or diminish your claim.
- Don’t speak to any insurance companies until you’ve talked to a lawyer.
- Hire a personal injury attorney.
- After you’ve hired a lawyer:
- Rest! You need to heal from your injuries, so let your lawyer take care of filing your paperwork, gathering additional evidence, negotiating with insurance companies, and so on.
- Your attorney will submit a demand letter to the liable party’s insurance company after completing their investigation. This letter will lay out the basic facts of the case and what you’re seeking in compensation.
- Your lawyer and the insurance company will begin settlement negotiations. You should never accept an insurance company’s first settlement offer, as you can likely recover additional compensation by being more aggressive.
- Your case will end in one of two ways. If you and the insurance company can reach a fair settlement, you’ll sign it and collect your compensation, bringing your case to a conclusion. If negotiations break down, you’ll need to file a lawsuit to claim any compensation.
What Types of Compensation Could I Receive from a Personal Injury Case?
Accident victims frequently suffer many different injuries. By filing a personal injury claim, you could potentially claim compensation for losses such as:
- Your lost wages
- Your reduced future earning potential
- Your medical bills
- Your emotional distress
- Your pain and suffering
- Your damaged personal property
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim in Southwest Houston?
The statute of limitations on personal injury claims in Texas says you have two years from the date you were injured to file a lawsuit. If you miss this deadline, your case can be dismissed without ever being heard.
To avoid running into any issues with the statute of limitations, speak to a personal injury attorney as soon as possible after you’ve suffered a personal injury due to someone else’s carelessness.
Contact Our Experienced Southwest Houston Personal Injury Lawyers Today
The personal injury lawyers at Pines & Goldenzweig, PLLC, are committed to fighting for the rights of people injured in accidents in Southwest Houston. If you’ve been hurt, we want to help.
Contact us today for a free initial consultation, and get the answers and qualified legal counsel you deserve.
Services Offered in English and Spanish
Personal Approach and Strategy for Every Case
Direct Communication with Your Attorney
We Answer Calls Day or Night, 365 Days a Year
Client Satisfaction Is of Utmost Importance
Nearly 4 Decades of Combined Experience
Frequently Asked Questions
What is negligence?
“Negligence” refers to careless, reckless, or wrongful (including unlawful) behavior. Often, this type of behavior leads to serious accidents, injuries, and even deaths. Some examples of negligence include someone who runs a red light because they were texting while driving, a shop owner who fails to put out a “wet floor” sign after an employee mops up a spill, or a dog owner who allows their dangerous dog to roam free and unleashed in a public park.
How do I know if I have a case?
You likely have a personal injury case if you were injured and suffered measurable damages—such as medical bills or pain and suffering—due to the careless, reckless, negligent, or wrongful conduct of another person or party. In other words, if someone else is to blame for your injuries, you could have grounds for a personal injury claim. The best way to know whether you have a case is to contact an attorney at our firm for a free consultation. During this initial meeting, we can go over the details of your situation and provide personalized counsel tailored to your circumstances.
How much is my personal injury case worth?
The exact value of your personal injury case depends on a variety of factors. Some of these factors include the severity of your injuries, the extent of your damages, whether you had to take time off work to recover, how much time you had to take off work, whether your injuries resulted in a disability, and your degree of fault (if any) in causing the event that led to your injuries. It is not possible for any attorney to estimate the value of your claim without first reviewing the specific details involved. We encourage you to reach out to our Houston personal injury attorneys at Pines & Goldenzweig, PLLC to request a complimentary case review.
Will I have to go to court?
Not all personal injury cases go to court. In fact, many settle in pre-trial litigation or as a result of your attorney’s negotiations with the insurance company. However, if the liable party refuses to play fair, you want an attorney who is not only willing but also has the experience needed to aggressively represent you at trial. At Pines & Goldenzweig, PLLC, we will prepare you for what to expect with your case, including whether or not you may need to go to court.
How long do I have to file a lawsuit?
In most cases, there is a two-year statute of limitations on personal injury lawsuits in Texas (surrounding states may have different laws). This means that you typically have just two years from the date of injury to bring your claim in court. Sometimes, when an injury is not discovered right away, the statute of limitations will be deferred to two years from the date on which the injury was discovered or reasonably could have been discovered.
There are some exceptions to this two-year deadline, but they are rare. We encourage you to act quickly after an accident or injury to avoid losing your right to seek compensation for your damages. If the statute of limitations expires, the court will almost certainly dismiss your case. Even if you think it might be too late, reach out to Pines & Goldenzweig, PLLC to discuss your legal options.